Ready to Make Your Move?
Join Twist as General Manager and help take us to the Next Level
Twist Board Game Cafe Bar is looking for a full-time General Manager to run day-to-day business operations and lead its friendly, customer-service focused team.
What Twist can offer you
- £30,000 to £40,000 basic salary
- Company pension scheme
- Free Games Sessions and 20% off food & drinks when visiting Twist
- Free meals, and 50% off all other food & drink, when you’re working
- Christmas and Boxing Day off
- Team socials
The General Manager is a hands-on role, so you’ll become proficient in all areas of the business. Working hours will include evenings and weekends. You will also have autonomy to drive the venue forward and ensure it continues to perform to a high standard as an established business in the community.
The successful candidate will have
- at least one year previous experience as a Venue / Restaurant / General Manager or similar and have worked in front line customer service roles;
- the ability to run all operational aspects of the business – you’ll be responsible for all day-to-day operations and smooth running of Twist;
- a pro-active leadership style – you’ll be recruiting, training and motivating the team to continue the delivery of exceptional service for all guests;
- a strong understanding of business finance – you’ll have P&L accountability and be responsible for maximising sales, controlling costs and working to KPI targets;
- a self-driven entrepreneurial spirit – you’ll need to work under your own initiative, make informed business-critical decisions, design new systems and processes and adapt to the changing landscape of running a small, growing independent business
- outstanding organisational skills – you’ll be responsible for your own schedule and managing your priorities, as well as ensuring Twist remains organised and efficient.
- a genuine passion for hospitality, a love of customer service and a desire to spread joy and create memorable experiences;
This is a fantastic and rare opportunity for an experienced manager to join an independent hospitality business at an exciting time. Having survived the pandemic and associated challenges of the last few years, Twist is going from strength to strength and the possibilities for the future are whatever we make of them. You’ll work closely with the business owner to maximise opportunities, ensure the continued success of the business and define long-term direction.
Closing date: Friday 15th September